Blue Jays' Gausman: Giants never made me an offer
The Giants were reportedly among four teams interested in signing Gausman after the 31-year-old put together the best season of his career in 2021 for the Bay Area side, but the Blue Jays wound up inking the hurler to a massive deal on Nov. 28 instead.
Gausman pitched well in his two campaigns with the Giants, amassing a 17-9 record with 3.00 ERA, 3.02 FIP, and 10.9 strikeouts per nine. He was an All-Star in 2021, finishing sixth in National League Cy Young voting.
Meanwhile, San Francisco inked fellow righty Alex Cobb to a two-year, $20-million deal to replace Gausman in the rotation.
- Yankees' Donaldson suspended 1 game for inappropriate comments to Anderson
- Anderson carries perfect game into 6th as Dodgers cruise to win over Nats
- Counsell: Peralta 'to miss a significant amount of time' with shoulder injury
- Ortiz: Red Sox 'would be stupid' to let Bogaerts go
- Goldschmidt's slam in 10th lifts Cardinals over Blue Jays