Rays pitching coach Snyder injured during mound visit
Tampa Bay Rays pitching coach Kyle Snyder may want to take things a bit easier when he visits the mound.
Snyder pulled a calf muscle during a visit with starter Shane McClanahan during the Rays' 9-1 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Saturday, manager Kevin Cash said, according to the Tampa Bay Times' Marc Topkin.
Snyder said he will be fine, but will be a little slow for a few weeks.
It's an ironic accident for the Rays, who have dealt with several player ailments in recent years. Tampa Bay entered Saturday's contest with 15 players on the injured list, including shortstop Wander Franco, staff ace Tyler Glasnow, and Gold Glove outfielder Kevin Kiermaier.
- Yankees fans chant 'fire Cashman' amid rough season
- Acuña posts first 40-homer, 60-stolen base season in MLB history
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Freeman chases history, Rays' real estate choice, and 7 more observations