Cardinals remove Arenado with forearm injury after HBP
Arenado is day-to-day with a right forearm contusion.
The 30-year-old attempted to play in the bottom half of the fifth after being hit by the 94-mph fastball from Indians starter Zach Plesac.
Edmundo Sosa replaced the six-time All-Star at third base.
Arenado entered Wednesday's action hitting .259/.313/.500 with 20 home runs, 27 doubles, and 61 RBIs in 98 games.
- White Sox clinch 1st AL Central title since 2008
- Vlad Jr.'s breakout season, as seen from the dugout
- Blue Jays' Borucki gets 3-game ban for intentionally hitting Kiermaier
- Phillies rally from 6 down, beat Bucs to gain on Braves
- Blue Jays' Gurriel gets stitches in finger after being stepped on by Grichuk