Eagles' Slay praises Packers' Love following SNF matchup
Slay offered unprompted praise for the backup quarterback on his "Big Play Slay" show Monday.
"Young buck come in (after Aaron Rodgers was hurt). Actually did a very, very solid job," Slay said. "Green Bay got a bright, bright future ... 'cause buddy was slinging it. I ain't gonna lie, he low-key look like Aaron, like he been learning a lot.
"It should be a blessing for him to be behind a GOAT and learning like that at a high level, and he's a talented kid. ... He just gotta wait his time just like how A-Rod waited his time for Brett Favre."
Love stepped in against the Eagles on Sunday after Rodgers sustained a rib injury. The 24-year-old completed six of nine attempts for 113 yards and one touchdown, including a 63-yard score to rookie wide receiver Christian Watson on just his third attempt of the night.
Rodgers plans to play Sunday against the Chicago Bears after receiving "good news with the scans" of his rib injury.
- Rodgers: Return depends on health, Jets' playoff chances
- Report: Colts' Taylor could miss time due to thumb injury
- Panthers owner: 'We are totally confident' in No. 1 pick Bryce Young
- Tomlin: Watt is 'best defensive player on the planet right now'
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 13: Packers soaring, Jets in free fall