Wentz leaves loss vs. Rams due to ankle injury
Wentz was hurt when Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald tackled him awkwardly. He limped off the field and trainers attended to the Pro Bowler. The Rams sacked the passer three times.
"I've sprained my ankle probably 100 times since I was a kid," Wentz said postgame, according to The Athletic's Stephen Holder. "This one, I just couldn't play on it."
Head coach Frank Reich said Wentz "rolled it up pretty bad" and had "no chance" of returning for the game's final two series, per Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan. Reich added that it's "too early to tell" if the 28-year-old will miss additional time.
Wentz has a long injury history. He suffered a foot injury during training camp but recovered in time for the start of the season.
The signal-caller also sustained a torn ACL in 2017, a back injury in 2018, and a concussion in 2019, all while with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Wentz threw for 247 yards and one touchdown against one interception before exiting.
- Ravens lose All-Pro Ronnie Stanley for season due to ankle injury
- Report: Browns don't fear Mayfield's shoulder injury is season-ending
- Browns' Chubb ruled out of TNF vs. Broncos
- McVay regrets poor communication during Goff trade
- NFL Week 7 survivor picks: Deciding which double-digit favorite to choose