UMass hires Arizona DC Don Brown as new head coach
Don Brown is heading back to UMass.
Brown, 66, will coach his final game with Arizona on Saturday against Arizona State, sources told Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports.
The Massachusetts native coached UMass from 2004-08, posting a 43-19 record. He joined Arizona this year after serving as Jim Harbaugh's defensive coordinator at Michigan from 2016-20.
Brown was also head coach at Plymouth State (1993-95) and Northeastern (2000-03). He owns a career record of 95-45.
UMass fired head coach Walt Bell and defensive coordinator Tommy Restivo on Nov. 7 after starting the season 1-8. The Minutemen, who will close their 2021 campaign versus New Mexico State on Saturday, have lost two games with Alex Miller as their interim coach since firing Bell.
- NC State shocks North Carolina with 2 TDs in 26 seconds
- Report: Sonny Dykes leaving SMU to become TCU's next head coach
- Washington State pummels Washington for 1st Apple Cup win since 2012
- Cincinnati remains unbeaten after decisive win over East Carolina
- Wake Forest reaches contract extension with Dave Clawson