Report: Love won't transfer to Michigan, re-enters portal
Former North Carolina guard Caleb Love is no longer transferring to Michigan and will re-open his recruitment, sources told CBS Sports' Matt Norlander.
Love's transfer to the Wolverines was reportedly halted due to the guard not possessing the required credits to enroll.
He's not expected to return to North Carolina, Norlander reports.
The 21-year-old entered the portal in late March following three seasons at Chapel Hill. He announced his intention to join Michigan for his senior season April 7.
Love averaged 14.6 points, 3.3 assists, and 3.3 rebounds in 101 games over three years with North Carolina. He was a key figure in the Tar Heels' run to the 2022 national tournament final, where they fell 72-69 to Kansas.
- Duke's Filipowski injured during Wake Forest court storm
- Spencer's 25 lifts No. 1 UConn to bounce-back win over Villanova
- Knecht leads No. 5 Tennessee to dominant win over Texas A&M
- Edwards drops 28 as No. 17 Kentucky crushes No. 13 Alabama
- No. 2 Houston beats Baylor in OT as Cryer scores 15 against former team