5-star, Duke decommit Mgbako headed to Indiana
Five-star forward Mackenzie Mgbako will join Indiana next season, he announced Friday, according to 247 Sports' Dushawn London.
Mgbako is the No. 9-ranked recruit on the ESPN 100 for 2023. He previously committed to Duke but re-opened his recruitment after Blue Devils star Kyle Filipowski announced his return to the program.
The 6-foot-9 swingman chose Indiana over Kansas, who gained Hunter Dickinson's commitment from the transfer portal last week.
"Coach (Mike) Woodson and the staff were really genuine and focused on helping me achieve my goals. They made it clear that I was a priority and that I would be an asset on the squad," Mgbako said.
Mgbako will team up with 2022 five-stars Kel'el Ware and Malik Reneau in the Hoosiers' frontcourt rotation in hopes of picking up the production from graduating All-American forward Trayce Jackson-Davis.
- Clingan scores 29 to lead No. 4 UConn over New Hampshire
- AP Poll: Purdue overtakes Kansas for No. 1 spot
- Vanderbilt suspends forward Lee Dort after arrest for felony aggravated assault
- Talyor helps No. 12 Texas A&M rally from 21-point deficit to beat Iowa State
- Abmas scores season-high 23 points as No. 15 Texas beats Wyoming