Joe Johnson: 'I'm not done' with NBA
Joe Johnson isn't closing the door on his NBA career.
The seven-time All-Star told TMZ Sports he'd be interested in returning to the NBA after winning back-to-back MVP awards in the BIG3 basketball league.
"Nah, I'm not done," Johnson said when asked if he's given up on making a comeback. "We'll see what happens here ... we'll see, man. We'll see. I don't have nothing definite to tell you, to be honest with you. But, I'mma be out here trying to get some stuff done."
Johnson, 40, last appeared in an NBA game in 2018 as a member of the Houston Rockets. He joined the BIG3 the following year and won a championship in his first season with the Triplets.
"I just love hooping," Johnson said. "You know, we missed last year due to COVID, but we were able to come back, have some fun, and try to defend our title. We came up short, but throughout the process, it was fun for me."
- Simmons suspended 1 game after removal from practice, reportedly fined $1.4M
- Pistons' Cunningham to miss opener vs. Bulls with ankle sprain
- Bagley's agent rips Kings, says they removed client from rotation
- Suns GM: Team never had 'real negotiations' with Ayton
- Predicting the next NBA champion and major award winners