Report: Gastelum-Imavov added to UFC 273 in April
UFC 273 will feature a middleweight fight between Kelvin Gastelum and Nassourdine Imavov on April 9, sources told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
Gastelum, the No. 10-ranked middleweight, is currently on a two-fight losing streak after being defeated by Robert Whittaker in April and Jared Cannonier in August via unanimous decision. Gastelum has won just one of his last six fights.
Meanwhile, Imavov beat his last two opponents, including Edmen Shahbazyan by TKO in November. The 26-year-old is 3-1 since making his UFC debut in October 2020.
The UFC has yet to officially announce the UFC 273 card, but two title fights are reportedly expected to highlight the must-watch event. Alexander Volkanovski's featherweight title defense against Chan Sung Jung is likely to headline the main event, while the rematch between bantamweight champion Aljamain Sterling and interim champ Petr Yan will serve as co-feature.
- Ngannou pins UFC conflict on unfair contracts: 'They hold you in captivity'
- Report: UFC tabs Luque-Muhammad to headline April 16 card
- Ngannou: UFC threatened to sue agent after alleged talks with Jake Paul's team
- Jake Paul invests in UFC's parent company amid feud over fighter pay
- Vitor Belfort eyes Tommy Fury, pitches Tyson Fury-Junior dos Santos bout