Report: Tatis not expected to have shoulder surgery this winter
Tatis dealt with shoulder issues throughout the 2021 season, including two stints on the injured list after suffering left shoulder subluxations. At one point late in the year, the All-Star shortstop shifted to the outfield to try to limit his work defensively.
It was thought that Tatis would undergo surgery after the season, given all of his shoulder issues. However, he publicly insisted on wanting to avoid any such procedures. Ultimately, it appears to have been Tatis' choice to go this route, Acee reports.
Despite the shoulder woes, the 22-year-old turned in an MVP-caliber season for the Padres, slashing .282/.364/.611 with a National League-leading 42 homers over 130 games.
- An MLB lockout brings immediate uncertainty and maybe future chaos
- Scherzer: Cohen will 'do whatever it takes to win' title with Mets
- Report: MLB players request changes to free agency, arbitration in CBA negotiations
- Report: Phillies, Knebel agree to 1-year deal
- Report: Rangers inquire about Reds' Castillo, Gray, Mahle