Royals promote Moore, Picollo
Moore, 54, has been the Royals' GM since 2006 after beginning his career as a scout with the Atlanta Braves. He was responsible for constructing the clubs that reached the World Series in 2014 and 2015.
The 2015 World Series championship was the franchise's first in 30 years.
Picollo becomes the seventh GM in Royals history after previously serving as vice president/assistant GM-player personnel.
He's been with the Royals since 2006 after previously working with the Braves.
Sherman complimented Picollo for modernizing the organization's development. The Royals owned baseball's fifth-ranked farm system as of Aug. 25, according to MLB Pipeline.
"Those initiatives are yielding us results," Sherman said, according to MLB.com's Anne Rogers.
- McNeil's homer lifts Mets as Phillies slip in playoff race
- Braves' Rosario hits for MLB's 4th cycle this season
- Mookie trades fan his signed bat for Reds rookie's 1st career HR ball
- Indians jump on Cole as Yankees lose ground in wild-card race
- Tatis botches pop-up, Cardinals beat Padres to win 8th straight