Report: Blue Jays inquired about Nationals' Hand, Hudson
Toronto has bolstered its bullpen in recent weeks, acquiring relievers Adam Cimber and Trevor Richards in separate deals. However, the addition of Hand, Hudson, or both would provide a significant upgrade.
Hand, 31, owns a 2.63 ERA with 20 saves this season. He's been terrific for Washington since the beginning of June, allowing five earned runs and 12 hits in 22 2/3 innings.
The Blue Jays were reportedly interested in signing Hand this past offseason before he agreed to a deal with the Nationals.
Hudson, meanwhile, has a 2.37 ERA and a career-best 13.4 strikeouts per nine so far in 2021.
The Blue Jays traded the 34-year-old to the Nationals in 2019.
- McNeil's homer lifts Mets as Phillies slip in playoff race
- Braves' Rosario hits for MLB's 4th cycle this season
- Mookie trades fan his signed bat for Reds rookie's 1st career HR ball
- Indians jump on Cole as Yankees lose ground in wild-card race
- Tatis botches pop-up, Cardinals beat Padres to win 8th straight