Kane's challenge to Jake Paul prompts Twitter beef with Reaves
The Pacific Division rivals went at it repeatedly via Twitter on Sunday and traded jabs at one another after Kane challenged YouTube star Jake Paul to a fight.
Reaves' brother Jordan, who plays for the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders, was also going after Kane for challenging Paul, who was the talk of the internet Saturday night for ruthlessly knocking out former NBA star Nate Robinson.
That's when Kane stepped in and exchanged chirps.
Reaves' billboard taunt stems from a stunt Kane pulled in 2015. The Vancouver, British Columbia, native, as a member of the Sabres, took out a billboard ad for model girlfriend Mara Teigen on the Hollywood Strip.
Kane and Reaves have traded jabs several times dating back to the Sharks-Golden Knights playoff series in 2019. Their relationship isn't strictly bad blood, though - the two teamed up as members of the Hockey Diversity Alliance to call for action from the NHL regarding racial injustice issues in the United States.
- Bedard downplays comparisons to McDavid: 'That guy's got 700 points'
- Caufield: 'I'd still be playing' through shoulder injury if Habs were in playoff spot
- Leafs' Matthews out minimum 3 weeks with knee sprain
- Devils GM looking to add top-6 winger under team control at trade deadline
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback