Bengals' Pratt expresses remorse for yelling at Ossai: 'I wasn't a great teammate'
Warning: Video contains coarse language
Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Germaine Pratt was remorseful for an outburst directed at teammate Joseph Ossai in the tunnel after losing to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Ossai pushed Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes when he ran out of bounds late in the fourth quarter, which resulted in a personal foul. The Chiefs kicked a game-winning field goal on the next play to ice the contest.
"I was emotional. I was in the moment. I was wrong," Pratt said Monday, according to Ben Baby of ESPN. He added: "I wasn't a great teammate in that moment."
As Pratt exited the field, he was captured on video shouting angrily in reference to the play.
The 22-year-old Ossai said after the game that he was in "chase mode" and that he didn't know how far out of bounds he was.
"I've just got to learn from experience and know not to get close to that quarterback when he's close to the sideline," Ossai added.
Ossai was a third-round pick in the 2021 draft. He had 3.5 sacks and 17 tackles in 16 games this season.
- Report: Russ underwent knee surgery, should be ready for OTAs
- Big Ben says 49ers pursued him in 2022: I'm only black and gold
- Ekeler 'relentlessly' seeking long-term deal: 'I'm so underpaid'
- Fantasy: Dynasty Trade Value Chart (Post-Free Agency Edition)
- Sources: Cowboys re-sign Dante Fowler Jr. to 1-year deal