McCaffrey day-to-day due to calf injury, expected to play vs. Eagles
Shanahan said he expects McCaffrey to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC title game.
McCaffrey, who's become a key member of San Francisco's explosive offense since joining in a midseason trade, carried the ball 10 times for 35 yards and one touchdown in Sunday's win against the Dallas Cowboys. He also caught six passes for 22 yards.
The calf ailment bothered McCaffrey on Sunday, forcing him to spend periods of time on the sideline in the second half. He ended up playing 44 of his team's 66 offensive snaps.
"I was fighting but made it through. Made it through great," said McCaffrey, who led San Francisco with 1,210 scrimmage yards to go along with 10 total touchdowns in 11 games this season, according to Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports.
Elijah Mitchell topped the 49ers with 14 rushing attempts for 51 yards versus Dallas. He'll also be listed as day-to-day this week with a groin injury, Shanahan said.
The 49ers have reached the conference title game in three of the last four seasons. They fell short against the Los Angeles Rams in the championship game last year.
- Report: Colts' Taylor could miss time due to thumb injury
- Panthers owner: 'We are totally confident' in No. 1 pick Bryce Young
- Tomlin: Watt is 'best defensive player on the planet right now'
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 13: Packers soaring, Jets in free fall
- Gates among semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2024 class