Sneed's car shot up in Louisiana; Chiefs CB not inside at time
Sneed wasn't inside the vehicle at the time of the shooting. Police say the 25-year-old hasn't been accused of any wrongdoing.
"A random and unnecessary act of violence occurred while Mr. Sneed was visiting his hometown. No one was injured, but gunshots damaged his vehicle. He was briefly questioned and released without incident," Sneed's agent, Safarrah Lawson, said in a statement Friday, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
A Chiefs spokesman said the team is gathering more information about the incident, Garafolo adds.
Sneed has appeared in 24 regular-season games since Kansas City drafted him in the fourth round in 2020. The Louisiana Tech product amassed 76 tackles, eight pass breakups, and two interceptions in 2021.
- Lawsuit filed against Texans alleges team enabled Watson's actions
- Can Congress actually do anything to Dan Snyder?
- Report: Adrian Peterson-Le'Veon Bell boxing match in the works
- Allen still bothered by losing coin toss in OT playoff loss to Chiefs
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury