Dolphins claim Lindsay off waivers
Lindsay, 27, began the season on the Houston Texans but was released Tuesday after 10 appearances.
The one-time Pro Bowler has amassed just 130 yards (2.6 per carry) and one touchdown this season. He also has 37 receiving yards and one touchdown catch.
Miami hopes Lindsay can replicate his early-career success. The Colorado product posted at least 1,200 scrimmage yards and seven scores in each of his first two NFL campaigns.
The Dolphins' running game has struggled in 2021, ranking 31st with 77.4 yards per game and 3.4 yards per carry.
- Report: Brown to miss at least 2 more games with ankle injury
- Lamar laments 4-INT performance: 'I looked like a rookie'
- Report: Cooper expected to return for TNF vs. Saints
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 13: Every team's biggest offseason regret
- GM says Browns won't sit Mayfield: 'He's healthy enough to win games'