Report: 76ers expected to sign free agent Oubre to 1-year deal
The Philadelphia 76ers are expected to sign free-agent forward Kelly Oubre Jr. to a one-year deal, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Oubre was easily the highest scorer remaining on the market. He averaged 20.3 points per game last season with the Charlotte Hornets.
The veteran will slot in on the wing next to reigning MVP Joel Embiid. He can provide a potential scoring burst if disgruntled point guard James Harden is traded or holds out.
Oubre has steadily increased his scoring tally since the Washington Wizards drafted him in 2015 with the No. 15 pick out of Kansas. He's averaged at least 15 points in five straight seasons, split between the Wizards, Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, and Hornets.
Known as a versatile defender and athletic force in transition, Oubre has been shaky with his 3-point jumper over the course of his career. He's made 33% of his long balls and has never connected on more than 35% in a campaign.
- Draymond expects to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain
- Kai Jones to miss Hornets camp, will be away from team indefinitely
- Report: Clippers sign Primo after NBA issues 4-game ban for detrimental conduct
- 5 potential landing spots for Jrue Holiday after Lillard trade
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown