Report: Embiid questionable for Game 1 vs. Hawks
The MVP finalist missed his team's series-clinching Game 5 win against the Washington Wizards last week after a small meniscus tear was discovered in his right knee.
"His movement looked good laterally," Howard said of his fellow big man. "I think he should be ready to go, (but) we don't want to rush him back."
Embiid averaged 28.5 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.4 blocks, and one steal during the regular season. The 7-footer set new personal benchmarks for scoring efficiency, shooting career bests from the floor overall (51.3%), on 3-pointers (37.7%), and from the free-throw line (85.9%).
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Doncic debuts with 48 points, Slovenia wins Olympic opener
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?