Sandhagen finishes Song with doctor's stoppage in UFC main event
Cory Sandhagen took down Song Yadong via TKO (doctor's stoppage) in the main event of Saturday's UFC Fight Night event in Las Vegas.
Song suffered a deep cut above his eyebrow, which led to the stoppage following the fourth round. Sandhagen inflicted the decisive damage to Song with an elbow in the second round.
Both bantamweight competitors landed 130 strikes during the bout, but Sandhagen finished with 94 significant strikes compared to only 54 for Song, according to ESPN.
Sandhagen's victory moves him back into the win column for the first time since February 2021. The 30-year-old lost his last two fights before Saturday's main event, suffering defeats to T.J. Dillashaw and Petr Yan.
Meanwhile, Song's three-fight winning streak comes to an end following the loss to Sandhagen.
- Mayweather: McGregor rematch in works for 2023
- Former UFC champion Aldo retires from MMA
- Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivac to headline Nov. 19 Fight Night event
- 'I f*cked up': Bobby Green reveals failed drug test led to UFC 276 bout cancelation against Jim Miller
- Bellator Dublin results: Benson Henderson wins lopsided decision over Peter Queally, Yoel Romero retires Melvin Manhoef