Report: Tsarukyan-Gamrot tabbed as main event for June 25 UFC card
A five-round lightweight bout between Arman Tsarukyan and Mateusz Gamrot will be the UFC main event at the Apex on June 25, sources told Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting.
The matchup was already slated for the card, but has been raised to main-event status, Helwani added.
Both lightweight prospects are carrying momentum into the meeting. Gamrot is on a three-fight winning streak, with two of his victories coming via knockout. Meanwhile, Tsarukyan's last loss came in April 2019 when he fell to Islam Makhachev by decision. Tsarukyan is 5-0 since then.
Other notable contests on the card include Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov and Chris Curtis against Rodolfo Vieira.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch