Pena-Nunes 2 to headline UFC 277
The rematch between Julianna Pena and Amanda Nunes is official.
Pena will defend the UFC women's bantamweight title against Nunes in the UFC 277 main event on July 30 in Dallas, the promotion announced Saturday.
The two women first met at UFC 269 in December, with Pena pulling off one of the biggest upsets in MMA history by second-round submission to claim the belt.
Earlier in 2022, Pena and Nunes served as coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 30." The show began airing this month.
Nunes, who's still the women's featherweight champion, is looking to once again become a simultaneous two-division titleholder. The Brazilian is the greatest women's fighter in MMA history and hadn't lost since 2014 when she ran into Pena.
UFC 277 will also feature an interim flyweight title bout between ex-champ Brandon Moreno and Kai Kara-France.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch