Perry beats Gall by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night
Mike Perry defeated Mickey Gall via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) in the UFC Fight Night co-main event Saturday in Las Vegas.
"Platinum" clearly won the fight, landing bombs on the feet throughout the three-round contest. Perry displayed accuracy in the striking department and fought at a higher pace than his opponent.
Gall's best shot to win the fight was on the ground, but he struggled to work his grappling skills. Perry actually got Gall down to the ground a few times, controlling him while in top position and landing ground-and-pound.
With the victory, Perry snapped a two-fight skid. It was the 28-year-old Florida resident's first victory since April 2019, when he edged out Alex Oliveira.
Gall, also 28, entered the fight riding an August win over Salim Touahri, but he's now 1-2 in his past three bouts.
- Dillashaw pulls out gutsy win in return from 2-year suspension
- UFC prospect Barber back on track with split decision victory over Maverick
- Report: Sterling-Yan 2 added to UFC 267
- Ostovich defeats VanZant by unanimous decision at Bare Knuckle FC 19
- Ladd-Chiasson co-main event removed from Fight Night card