Reds' India leaves Field of Dreams game with leg injury
DYERSVILLE, Iowa (AP) — Cincinnati Reds second baseman Jonathan India left Thursday night's Field of Dreams game in Iowa because of a leg contusion.
India was hit on his lower left leg by a pitch from Chicago Cubs left-hander Drew Smyly in the first inning. He was replaced by Matt Reynolds before the start of the fourth.
The 25-year-old India is batting .243 with seven homers and 24 RBIs in 59 games this season. He won the NL Rookie of the Year award in 2021.
The Reds were the home team for Major League Baseball's second “Field of Dreams” game, played in a throwback ballpark a short walk from the main field for the beloved 1989 movie.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Mariners, Rangers, Astros in play for AL West title entering final weekend
- Giants fire manager Kapler after 4 seasons
- Padres eliminated from playoff race: 'We're going to grow from this'
- Rodón allows record-tying 8 runs without recording out in final start
- Do Cole and Snell have the Cy Youngs locked up? Here are some alternatives