Cardinals acquire Zeuch from Blue Jays for cash considerations
Zeuch, 25, went 2-4 with a 4.59 ERA and 1.55 WHIP over 49 innings in parts of three campaigns with Toronto. The team designated him for assignment earlier this week to make room for Alejandro Kirk after the catcher was reinstated from the 60-day injured list.
The Blue Jays originally selected Zeuch 21st overall in the 2016 MLB Draft.
The Cardinals have dealt with several injuries to their pitching staff this season. Ace Jack Flaherty has been out since the end of May with a strained oblique, Miles Mikolas has been limited to one game due to forearm tightness, and Carlos Martinez just underwent potential season-ending thumb surgery.
- McNeil's homer lifts Mets as Phillies slip in playoff race
- Braves' Rosario hits for MLB's 4th cycle this season
- Mookie trades fan his signed bat for Reds rookie's 1st career HR ball
- Indians jump on Cole as Yankees lose ground in wild-card race
- Tatis botches pop-up, Cardinals beat Padres to win 8th straight