FA Cup 5th-round draw: Top clubs kept apart, Wrexham could play Spurs
LONDON (AP) — The biggest teams remaining in the FA Cup were kept apart in the draw for the fifth round on Monday.
Manchester City must travel to second-tier Bristol City while Manchester United was given another home match against West Ham, who beat Derby County on Monday.
Tottenham might have the most interesting match after being drawn against either second-tier Sheffield United or fifth-tier Wrexham, which is owned by Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney. Wrexham was the lowest-ranked team remaining after holding Sheffield United to 3-3 on Sunday, setting up a replay next week.
Brighton, which eliminated defending champion Liverpool on Sunday, will travel to second-tier Stoke.
Eleven Premier League teams have already been ousted.
Draw in full
- Southampton vs. Luton or Grimsby
- Leicester vs. Blackburn or Birmingham
- Stoke vs. Brighton
- Wrexham or Sheffield United vs. Tottenham
- Fulham or Sunderland vs. Leeds
- Bristol City vs. Manchester City
- Manchester United vs. West Ham
- Ipswich or Burnley vs. Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood
Matches will take place the week beginning Feb. 27.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports