Italy's Trevisan wins 1st WTA title in Rabat
RABAT, Morocco (AP) — Martina Trevisan of Italy won her first WTA title after beating Claire Liu of the United States 6-2, 6-1 in the final of the Grand Prix Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem on Saturday.
The No. 85-ranked Trevisan and No. 92-ranked Liu were playing their first career final.
Trevisan was under some pressure to save eight of nine break points. But Liu made 44 unforced errors.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/hub/sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Riske becomes 1st player to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon
- Madison Keys, Borna Coric withdraw from Wimbledon with injuries
- Wimbledon primer: Djokovic won't get vaccine, Swiatek looks to extend streak
- Serena Williams puts 'Out of office' on for Wimbledon return
- Garcia beats Andreescu to win Bad Homburg title