Watch: USMNT's Sargent goes full scorpion for goal of the season candidate
Josh Sargent will never forget his first Premier League goal.
Sargent, a forward for Premier League strugglers Norwich City and United States international, broke an 18-match domestic scoring drought with one of the best goals of the season Friday against Watford. The marker came when Sargent flung his right foot behind his body to make scarcely believable contact with teammate Teemu Pukki's cross into the six-yard box.
Referee Mike Dean confirmed the acrobatic effort pushed the ball across the line after crashing off the underside of the crossbar.
The video assistant referee also reviewed a potential foul in the buildup but allowed the goal to stand.
(Available to view in the U.S.)
(Available to view in Canada)
Sargent doubled Norwich's advantage in the 74th minute, and Watford's Juraj Kucka scored a late own goal to give the Canaries an invaluable 3-0 win that temporarily lifted them out of the relegation zone.
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory
- Goldschmidt's slam in 10th lifts Cardinals over Blue Jays
- Celtics blow out Heat, even up East finals at 2 games apiece
- Anderson carries perfect game into 6th as Dodgers cruise to win over Nats