Gotze signs for Eintracht Frankfurt after spell with PSV Eindhoven
"Mario's technical ability will help our game enormously, particularly when we're in possession against deep-lying opponents," sporting director Markus Krosche explained. "Moreover, he can showcase his strengths in virtually any attacking position, which gives us even more tactical variability. Last but not least, he brings many years of experience at the highest international level."
Gotze, 30, joined PSV on a free transfer in 2020 following a wretched run of injuries and health problems. He scored nine goals and assisted 10 times over 47 appearances in the Netherlands' top tier.
He won the 2022 KNVB Cup after PSV trumped Ajax in April's final.
- FIFA increases squads to 26 players for 2022 World Cup
- Maradona's medical personnel to face homicide trial
- FIFA extends option for foreign players to leave Ukraine, Russia
- German FA backs Ceferin for re-election as UEFA president
- European Leagues group wants 'drastic changes' to share of UEFA prize cash