Sandro out for Juventus with hamstring injury
Alex Sandro will be out for at least two weeks after picking up a hamstring injury in training, Juventus said on Thursday.
In a statement Juventus said that the Brazil defender underwent tests in Turin "which revealed a medium-grade lesion of the hamstring of the left thigh".
"The player has already started the rehabilitation process and will repeat the instrumental tests in 15 days to define his recovery time more precisely," the team added.
Injuries of this nature usually keep players out of action for around a month.
Alex Sandro has played twice this season for Juventus although he did not feature in last weekend's 3-1 win over Lazio.
The Turin club sit second in Serie A, two points behind Inter Milan, and are at Sassuolo on Saturday before hosting high-flying Lecce on Tuesday.
- Calhanoglu helps Inter reclaim 1st place during demolition of Udinese
- Muriel's 95th-minute backheel winner heaps misery on AC Milan
- Gatti was a bricklayer. Now he's deciding games for Juventus
- Gatti the hero again as Juve keep up Serie A title pace with win over Napoli
- No longer just Superpippo's little brother, Simone Inzaghi has Inter dreaming