Pogba dropped for UEL match after reportedly being late for team meeting
Paul Pogba was dropped for the first leg of Juventus' Europa League last-16 tie with Freiburg for "disciplinary reasons", a club source told AFP on Thursday.
France midfielder Pogba has missed almost the entire season with a knee injury and was not in the squad for Juventus' eventual 1-0 win on Thursday.
The source confirmed to AFP that coach Massimiliano Allegri had left Pogba out after the 29-year-old arrived late to a team meeting on Wednesday evening.
Last week Pogba made his first appearance for Juve since returning from Manchester United last summer, as a substitute in a derby victory over Torino, and then featured off the bench in Sunday's defeat at Roma.
He injured the meniscus in his right knee in July and initially elected to not to go under the knife in a bid to make the World Cup in Qatar.
However, despite later changing his mind, he didn't recover in time to play for France who lost their crown as world champions in a thrilling final with Argentina.
- Serie A roundup: Martinez's 100th goal keeps Inter rolling, Leao ends drought
- Napoli fail to reignite European hopes after last-gasp Cagliari equalizer
- Rugani saves Juventus with 95th-minute winner vs. Frosinone
- Bologna continue push toward Champions League with 5th straight win
- Europa League draw: Liverpool get Sparta Prague, Roma meet Brighton in last 16