TSN's Bob McKenzie releases educated guesses for Team Canada
Sunday afternoon, TSN's hockey insider Bob McKenzie released a list of who he believed would be named to Team Canada on Tuesday. He made it very clear this is not the team he would name, but the team he is expecting to be named.
|Left Wing||Center||Right Wing|
|L. Couture||S. Crosby||S. Stamkos|
|J. Benn||J. Toews||C. Giroux|
|M. Duchene||J. Tavares||R. Nash|
|P. Sharp||R. Getzlaf||C. Perry|
|P. Bergeron||M. St. Louis|
|Left Defense||Right Defense|
|D. Keith||D. Doughty|
|J. Bouwmeester||S. Weber|
|M-E. Vlasic||A. Pietrangelo|
|D. Hamhuis||P.K. Subban|
McKenzie also followed up his predictions with replacement players. He predicts the forwards with the best chance of replacing a starter are Patrick Marleau, Chris Kunitz, and Jeff Carter. On defense, replacements include Dan Boyle, Brent Seabrook, Mark Giordano and Marc Staal.
Most importantly the Olympic roster submitted to the IIHF will include three goaltenders, eight defensemen and 14 forwards. The maximum amount of players you can dress in games is two goaltenders, seven defensemen and 13 forwards.
- 2024 NHL mock draft: Celebrini, Eiserman lead initial projections
- Report: Ducks' Strome avoids suspension for kneeing Jets' Connor
- Report: Blues to place struggling Vrana on waivers
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976