Canucks place Hamonic on leave of absence for personal matters
Hamonic, 31, wasn't with the Canucks for training camp, the preseason, or the first week of the regular season. Vancouver waived him earlier in October and subsequently assigned him to the Abbotsford Canucks, but he wasn't on the AHL club's opening-night roster.
Vancouver signed Hamonic to a two-year deal in July. He recorded 10 points in 38 games with the club last season.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- What's driving the decline in NBA and NHL attendance?
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout