Maui Invitational relocating to Honolulu in wake of devastating wildfires
The Maui Invitational will be held in Honolulu this year because of the wildfires that devastated Lahaina, where the tournament usually is played.
Games will be played at the Stan Sheriff Center on Hawaii's campus on Nov. 20-22 and the tournament will again feature a loaded field that includes potential top-10 teams Kansas, Purdue, Gonzaga, Tennessee and Marquette. Syracuse, Chaminade and UCLA round out the field.
This is the third time in four years the tournament has had to be played somewhere other than Maui. Restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic forced tournament officials to move the event to Asheville, North Carolina in 2020 and it was relocated to Las Vegas in 2021.
AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll
- UConn center Donovan Clingan out 1 month with foot injury
- Kansas transfer Morris charged with rape, dismissed from team
- Top Memphis recruit Mikey Williams barred from hoops activities amid ongoing gun charges
- Alabama gains commitment from top-25 big man Aiden Sherrell
- Kansas State signs coach Tang to 7-year extension