Dana White: Jon Jones has 'a lot of demons'
Dana White expressed his disappointment after Jon Jones was arrested Friday in Las Vegas, but the UFC president isn't all that surprised.
Hours after Jones was feted at a UFC Hall of Fame ceremony, the former light heavyweight champion was charged with misdemeanor battery domestic violence and injuring or tampering with a vehicle.
"It's hard to bring this guy to Las Vegas, for any reason. This city is not good for Jon Jones, and here we are again," White said, according to ESPN's Marc Raimondi.
"It's not even shocking anymore. When we bring him here, it's almost expected. We can't even get him to Las Vegas for less than 12 hours and induct him into the Hall of Fame. It's a problem. This guy's got a lot of demons, man, a lot of demons."
Jones is no stranger to trouble, having been arrested and suspended multiple times throughout his UFC career.
The 34-year-old hasn't fought since 2020 as he's been training for a move up to heavyweight.
- Anderson stops Bader in 51 seconds, advances to Bellator grand prix final
- Nemkov dominates Anglickas, retains Bellator title by submission
- Dumont upsets Ladd in lackluster UFC main event
- Corey Anderson doesn't miss UFC's 'politics,' says Bellator treats him better
- Ngannou: UFC used interim title fight to 'control the narrative'