Astros acquire Marlins closer Yimi Garcia
Garcia has primarily served as a closer with the Marlins. The 30-year-old has recorded 15 saves in 18 chances to go with a 3.47 ERA in 36 1/3 innings in 2021.
De La Cruz isn't among the Astros' top 30 prospects but has performed well at Triple-A this season. The 24-year-old has slashed .324/.362/.518 with 12 home runs, 17 doubles, and 50 RBIs in 66 games.
Pruitt, a veteran of four major-league seasons, made two appearances with the Astros this month before being designated for assignment earlier Wednesday. He missed all of last season and much of this year because of an elbow injury. The 31-year-old owns a lifetime 4.89 ERA and 1.36 WHIP with 148 strikeouts across 69 big-league appearances.
- White Sox clinch 1st AL Central title since 2008
- Vlad Jr.'s breakout season, as seen from the dugout
- Blue Jays' Borucki gets 3-game ban for intentionally hitting Kiermaier
- Phillies rally from 6 down, beat Bucs to gain on Braves
- Blue Jays' Gurriel gets stitches in finger after being stepped on by Grichuk