Fiorentina boss Italiano extends contract until 2024
Milan, June 22, 2022 (AFP) - Vincenzo Italiano has signed a one-year extension to his contract with Fiorentina which will keep him in Florence until 2024, the Serie A club announced on Wednesday.
"Italiano and his coaching staff have renewed their contracts until the end of the 2023/24 season, with the club then able to take up the option of extending the deal into 2024/25," said Fiorentina in a statement.
Italian media report the new deal gives Italiano a salary of 1.7 million euros ($1.05 million).
The 44-year-old took over at Fiorentina last summer and led the Tuscan club to seventh in Serie A, qualifying them for European football for the first time since 2016.
Italiano, who was born in Germany but raised in Sicily, managed to get the Viola into the Conference League despite losing star striker Dusan Vlahovic to Juventus midway through the season.
On Wednesday, Italian media reported that owner Rocco Commisso has put Fiorentina up for sale and that a Saudi Arabian consortium are ready to pay 350 million euros to purchase the club.
- Peacock to stream Royals-Tigers game without announcers
- Cardinals' Flaherty exits with stiff shoulder in 3rd start since return
- Kershaw: I hope Dodgers aren't 'second fiddle' for Freeman
- Report: Beal very likely to opt out, re-sign with Wizards on 5-year deal
- Verdugo recalls Dodgers deal: 'At least I got traded for f------g Mookie Betts'