Theo Hernandez tests positive for COVID-19
Paris, Oct 13, 2021 (AFP) - AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez has tested positive for Covid, just days after his France team-mate Adrien Rabiot contracted the virus, his club said Wednesday.
The 24-year-old played alongside Rabiot in France's Nations League semi-final against Belgium last Thursday, scoring a 90th-minute winner.
Rabiot was ruled out of the final after testing positive for Covid, but Hernandez played the full 90 minutes in the world champions' 2-1 triumph over Spain.
"Theo Hernandez, who has returned from the national team, has tested positive for a swab carried out at home," Milan said in a statement. "The relevant local health authorities have been informed and the player is doing well."
Milan, who sit second in Serie A, host Hellas Verona on Saturday.
- Report: Simmons tells 76ers he's not mentally ready to play to expectations
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Dodgers' Taylor: I'll look back at 3-HR game for rest of my life
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement