Calhanoglu out for Inter's UCL opener at Real Sociedad
Hakan Calhanoglu is out of Inter Milan's Champions League opener at Real Sociedad with a thigh injury, the Italian club said on Tuesday.
In a statement, Inter said that Turkey captain Calhanoglu would miss the trip to the Basque Country for Wednesday's Group D fixture due to a "left thigh strain".
The 29-year-old midfielder was on target from the penalty spot in Inter's thumping 5-1 win over local rivals AC Milan on Saturday which cemented their place at the top of Serie A.
Calhanoglu's absence could lead to a first start of the season for Italy international Davide Frattesi, who also scored against Milan.
Wing-back Juan Cuadrado is also out with a knee injury picked up on international duty with Colombia.
- Key thoughts and analysis from Matchday 5 in the Champions League
- Italy's anti-doping tribunal seeking 4-year ban for Pogba
- Ronaldinho wants Mbappe to win Ballon d'Or with PSG
- Euro 2024 draw interrupted by apparent sexual noises heard on stage
- Euro 2024 draw: Italy gets Spain and Croatia, tricky group for France