Report: Sterling interested in Chelsea move, City demand up to £60M
With Sterling set to enter the final year of his contract, Manchester City are reportedly eager to sell him for a fee this summer rather than risk losing him for nothing next year. The reigning Premier League winners have placed a price tag of between £50 million to £60 million for the 27-year-old, Dawson adds.
Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are also reportedly interested in Sterling, who's believed to be intrigued by the possibility of playing in one of Europe's other top five leagues.
It's understood that City won't stand in Sterling's way if he requests a transfer this summer, though a final decision has yet to be made.
Doubts over his future at City are based on Sterling's reported reluctance to extend his contract amid the belief that he isn't a central part of manager Pep Guardiola's plans for the future.
Sterling joined Manchester City in 2015 from Liverpool in a move worth an initial £44 million. He played an important role in helping the club win four Premier League titles and enjoyed the best scoring season of his career in 2019-20 when he recorded 31 goals - including 20 in the league.
- Tantrums and tactics turned Lukaku's Chelsea dream into a nightmare
- Bayern Munich sign Mane from Liverpool for reported €32M fee
- Report: Barcelona submit 1st offer for Bayern wantaway Lewandowski
- Seeds confirmed for 2022-23 Champions League group stage draw
- Maradona's medical personnel to face homicide trial