Swiatek rolls into 2nd round in Paris with 29th straight win
PARIS (AP) — Top-seeded Iga Swiatek has extended her winning streak to 29 matches by advancing to the second round of the French Open.
The Polish player, who won the French Open title in 2020, beat Lesia Tsurenko 6-2, 6-0 in the first round on Court Philippe-Chatrier.
Swiatek's winning streak is the longest by any woman since Serena Williams won 34 in a row in 2013. She has won the title at her past five tournaments.
Swiatek has also won a tour-leading 14 sets at 6-0 this season.
- Riske becomes 1st player to reach 2nd round at Wimbledon
- Madison Keys, Borna Coric withdraw from Wimbledon with injuries
- Wimbledon primer: Djokovic won't get vaccine, Swiatek looks to extend streak
- Serena Williams puts 'Out of office' on for Wimbledon return
- Garcia beats Andreescu to win Bad Homburg title