Giants' Barkley, Thomas, Ojulari ruled out for Week 3
New York Giants left tackle Andrew Thomas and pass-rusher Azeez Ojulari won't play in the team's Thursday night matchup against the San Francisco 49ers, the team announced Wednesday.
Both players are dealing with hamstring ailments. Neither played in New York's come-from-behind win against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2 due to their injuries.
The team also officially ruled out running back Saquon Barkley due to an ankle sprain that's expected to sideline him for three weeks, and offensive lineman Ben Bredeson, who's battling a concussion.
Thomas, a second-team All-Pro in 2022, didn't allow a sack or quarterback hit in the team's Week 1 loss to the Dallas Cowboys but was flagged twice, per PFF.
Ojulari, meanwhile, is looking to rebound in 2023 after appearing in just seven games last season. The 23-year-old edge defender assisted on one tackle against the Cowboys.
- Mahomes livid, Reid says flag on negated TD vs. Bills was 'embarrassing'
- Vikings' Jefferson sustains chest injury in return from 7-game absence
- Chargers' Herbert fractures finger on throwing hand in loss to Broncos
- Vikings beat Raiders 3-0 in lowest-scoring NFL game in 16 years
- Stroud in concussion protocol as Texans ravaged by injuries in loss to Jets