Jets' Knapp in critical condition after bicycle accident
The Jets passing-game specialist was hospitalized after a motorist hit him while he was riding in California. Knapp suffered serious injuries as a result of the collision.
The 58-year-old has worked in the NFL as an assistant since 1997, spending time with the Denver Broncos and Las Vegas Raiders, among other clubs.
He recently joined Robert Saleh’s Jets staff in January after logging three seasons as the quarterback coach for the Atlanta Falcons.
The Knapp family released a statement through the team on Tuesday highlighting his impact as not only a coach, but also as a father and husband.
Saleh asked fans to keep the coordinator in their prayers as he attempts to recover from a "horrific accident."
- Packers GM: Trading for Cobb 'very important' to Rodgers
- Redrafting the entire NFL, Part 4: Which squad is best in our 5-season sim?
- Prescott leaves practice with strained muscle in right shoulder
- Rodgers runs down issues with Packers, seeks more influence
- Payton: Thomas should've undergone surgery sooner