Report: Freeze agrees to extension worth over $4M per season
The deal will reportedly pay Freeze more than $4 million per season through 2028. His salary will be at least comparable to that of five different SEC coaches, Low notes.
Freeze has compiled a 25-10 record in three seasons with the Flames. He helped lead the program to a 10-1 campaign last season, finishing No. 17 in The Associated Press rankings. Liberty is currently 7-4 ahead of its final game of the campaign against Army on Saturday.
Additionally, the Flames have won back-to-back Cure Bowls.
Freeze's extension comes after he received a new deal last year that pushed his annual salary to over $3 million and kept him with Liberty through 2026.
Considered one of the top offensive coaches in the country, Freeze led Ole Miss to a 39-25 record from 2012-2016. He resigned in 2017 after the school found a pattern of improper calls on his work-issued cellphone.
- NC State shocks North Carolina with 2 TDs in 26 seconds
- Report: Sonny Dykes leaving SMU to become TCU's next head coach
- Washington State pummels Washington for 1st Apple Cup win since 2012
- Cincinnati remains unbeaten after decisive win over East Carolina
- Wake Forest reaches contract extension with Dave Clawson