Oklahoma adds commitment from 5th overall prospect Brownlow-Dindy
The 6-foot-3, 280-pound defender chose the Sooners over Texas A&M.
The Lakeland, Florida native is rated as the second-best prospect in the state, and the fifth overall recruit in the 2022 cycle, according to the ESPN 300.
Brownlow-Dindy said Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley was a key factor in his decision to head to Norman.
"He's a great coach," Brownlow-Dindy said, according to Andrew Ivins of 247 Sports. "He has been talking to me since the very beginning and it's more than just about football. We have a personal relationship."
There are now 16 players committed to the Sooners' 2022 class. Brownlow-Dindy becomes the highest-rated prospect in the fold, joining defensive end Derrick Moore and running back Gavin Sawchuk.
"I won two state championships at Lakeland and I'm looking forward to getting another one at the University of Oklahoma," Brownlow-Dindy said, according to Wiltfong.
- Report: Rose Bowl clears way for CFP expansion starting in 2024
- Kentucky's Levis declares for NFL draft, undecided about bowl game
- Former Nebraska interim coach Joseph arrested in domestic case
- Florida's Kitna charged with possessing child pornography
- CFP Rankings: Michigan rises amid top 4 shake-up, Ohio State drops to No. 5