Iowa State lands 2023 5-star forward Omaha Biliew
Ranked as the No. 9 prospect in ESPN's recruiting database, Biliew is the highest-ranked player to join the Cyclones in the modern recruiting era, Borzello adds.
The 6-foot-8 forward chose Iowa State over Kansas, Oregon, and the G League Ignite program.
Biliew is from Waukee, Iowa, less than an hour outside Iowa State's campus in Ames.
"Playing for the state that raised me for the majority of my lifetime is priceless to me. I feel like it was destined for me to be at (Iowa State) and cement my legacy here," Biliew told ESPN's Paul Biancardi, according to Borzello.
With Tuesday's commitment, joined by four-star prospects Milan Momcilovic and Jelani Hamilton, the Cyclones' 2023 recruiting class ranks third nationally, behind only Duke and Kentucky, according to 247 Sports.
- UConn center Donovan Clingan out 1 month with foot injury
- Kansas transfer Morris charged with rape, dismissed from team
- Top Memphis recruit Mikey Williams barred from hoops activities amid ongoing gun charges
- Alabama gains commitment from top-25 big man Aiden Sherrell
- Kansas State signs coach Tang to 7-year extension