Kawhi cleared for 5-on-5 practices
Los Angeles Clippers star Kawhi Leonard has been cleared for five-on-five drills, president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank announced Thursday, according to the L.A. Times' Andrew Greif.
"He feels great, wants to participate in everything. ... As an organization, we want to be cautious," Frank said, according to The Orange County Register's Mirjam Swanson.
Frank didn't provide a timetable for Leonard's return to play. The five-time All-Star missed the entirety of the 2021-2022 season with an ACL injury.
Meanwhile, co-star Paul George's elbow injury is fully healed, Frank confirmed, according to NBA.com's Mark Medina. George only played 31 games in 2021-22.
The Clippers finished with a 42-40 record last season. They didn't advance beyond the play-in tournament, losing to the Minnesota Timberwolves and New Orleans Pelicans.
- Report: Kyrie contacts LeBron in hopes of reuniting on Mavs
- Report: Silas joining Pistons as top assistant coach
- Clippers promote Redden to GM, Hughes to senior VP
- Malone slams Nuggets' effort after blowing 4th-quarter lead vs. Heat
- Report: Pacers' Haliburton, T-Wolves' Edwards to play for USA at World Cup