Report: 76ers' Danny Green tore ACL and LCL in Game 6 loss
Philadelphia 76ers wing Danny Green has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and LCL, the team confirmed to ESPN's Tim Bontemps.
The veteran suffered the injury midway through the first quarter of the Sixers' 99-90 series-ending loss to the Miami Heat after colliding with teammate Joel Embiid. Green then returned to the bench and sat with the team.
"I just felt it was important that I be there with them," Green said Friday in Philadelphia's final media availability. "I was trying to come out earlier, but the doc didn’t think it was a good idea. (I wanted to) watch the game, either help coaching or encouraging, just to have my energy there for them."
Green averaged 8.6 points, 3.1 rebounds, and a steal in 12 playoff games for Philly. The sharpshooter made 2.6 3-pointers per game on 40.8% shooting from beyond the arc.
The veteran from UNC has played two seasons with the Sixers after contributing to back-to-back championship runs with the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors.
Green's final campaign on his two-year, $20 million dollar deal is non-guaranteed, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks. Philadelphia has until July 1st to determine whether it will pick up the option.
- Report: Kyrie contacts LeBron in hopes of reuniting on Mavs
- Report: Silas joining Pistons as top assistant coach
- Clippers promote Redden to GM, Hughes to senior VP
- Malone slams Nuggets' effort after blowing 4th-quarter lead vs. Heat
- Report: Pacers' Haliburton, T-Wolves' Edwards to play for USA at World Cup