Morey, 76ers fined for tampering after tweet featuring Steph Curry
On June 3, Morey published a screenshot of the Golden State Warriors star's celebratory toast to his younger brother, 76ers guard Seth Curry. The executive included a caption many took as encouragement for the two-time MVP to team up his brother in Philadelphia.
Within minutes, Morey was attempting to quell accusations of tampering, claiming he'd only meant to celebrate his team's player, and "nothing else."
Morey, who assumed his role in Philadelphia last offseason after more than a decade as the Houston Rockets' general manager, was previously fined $50,000 for violating the league's anti-tampering rules in December for a social media post celebrating an achievement by then-Rockets star James Harden.
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?
- Report: Raptors to name ex-Suns head coach Watson as assistant